Did I mention that during the wedding prep & August sewing madness- I was sewing a housecoat for my sister?!
When Kate and I went fabric shopping for her bridal gown, we found this fabric in the clearance section!We both fell in love with it! The floral striped fabric design looked SOOO much like our pillow cases growing up!
Weeks prior to her wedding, Kate had a bridal shower. So instead of making her a silk night gown (as originally planned), I built her a housecoat with this fabric!
Originally I planned to use one of my babcha’s vintage patterns, but unfortunately there wasn’t enough fabric.
So ultimately, I chose a more modern housecoat style!
I used a Burda Style coat pattern.
I changed the pattern to one button rather than three buttons.
Burda Style Brocade Coat
Despite racing to make & finish this modern housecoat, I was very pleased with the outcome!