Follow Marusya Marusya on Twitter @theanagrassia or Instagram @marusyagrace to see WIP* photos.
*Work In Progress
Here’s my second vintage inspired swimsuit. (View my first bustier bathing suit top here.) It’s another boned bustier top made with a polyester/rayon fabric.
I recently tested my first bustier swimsuit in sun, water & chlorine. The top worked really well in all those conditions. It didn’t fuss, fade, or stretch out. :)
This was the original design drawn by a girl I babysit for. Read more about it here.
This swimsuit top is for my sister. She’s expecting her first baby soon, so her size is fluctuating and it’s hard to predict what size she’ll be this spring or summer. As a result, I made some changes to my bustier design.
First, I made the bustier 2 sizes bigger than the original top.
Second, I made the straps adjustable by adding plastic S hooks and rings. I wasn’t able to take any of her measurements or make a mock-up ahead of time. Consequently, I had to go back and shorten the shoulder straps because the first straps were WAY too long! (The S hooks landed on the top of the shoulders…oops!)
Third, I changed the back band to a tie back. I love it and it’s really cute! However, the fabric is thick and I’m worried about how tight it can be tied. She hasn’t tested the top in the water yet, but I might change part of the back band & tie piece to a black polyester/lycra fabric.
To finish the outfit, I’m making black swimsuit bottoms and skirt with a polyester/lycra fabric.
I’m not sure when I’ll make the bottoms because I’m not sure what size to make them!
CONTACT ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ORDER ONE!